Wednesday 20 January 2010

De Winton

I started work on the De Winton tonight...

Despite being returned from Slaters, the new etched chassis and resin frames still did not match by some 1mm.  Instead of wasting more time with perhaps no more chance of a matching pair coming back from slaters, I cut the etched chassis into two and then added a small etched piece between allowing them to be spaced an extra 1mm apart. 

I then installed 2 8BA inserts into the resin and drilled enough of a hole for the screw to fit fully inside.

The copper(?) bearings were then installed and small keeper pieces of wire soldered in.  However due to the instructions not specifying which way the wheel sets should be installed, I had to redo this twice! 

The resin bunker and tank were then glued on and the etched chassis screwed in to the resin.

I also tidied up the main boiler resin casting.

Colin

P1080490 P1080486

No comments:

Post a Comment