Monday 29 November 2010

curly!

Well much progress tonight. The overlays went on easily with superglue, the doors requiring an extra lamination. Then the central roof bars were added and the roof forming strips laid on with masking tape strips to form the curly roof. The bogies and chopper couplings (accucraft) were then added, the latter retained with 10ba nuts/bolts.

Finally, having checked photos of the real thing, I binned the truss rods in the kit (far too chunky and square section) and made some better circular section ones from wire myself.

Now I need to add kleenex tissues to the roof (yes really) and attach the duckets. This requires soaking thin plywood in hot water to shape it - ummm sounds fiddly! My practice attempt was ok but the top of the ducket has a very tight bend to form Might be easier in brass, but then I would still have to add the plywood overlay to that. Thinking cap on...!



No comments:

Post a Comment